The subtle almond flavour of this loaf makes it a cup of tea’s irresistible companion.
- 375 ml or 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 10 ml or 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp salt
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 250 ml or 1 cup All-Bran Original* cereal
- 250 ml or 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 5 ml or 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
1. In medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, mix together cereal and milk. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
3. Stir in eggs, oil, vanilla and almond extract. Add almonds and flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
4. Spread batter evenly in 22 x 11 cm (8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch) loaf pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Bake at 180°C (350°F) for about 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Let cool completely on wire rack before slicing. Wrap with plastic wrap.
Yield: 14 slices
5 g Protein
24 g Carbohydrate
9 g Fat
3 g Dietary Fibre
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s<RegisteredTrademark/> products. Results with other products may vary.
How do you add nutrition to your muffins and smoothies? Or sneak more fibre into baked fish, stuffed chicken, fresh garden salads or even chili? The answer is right inside a box of All-Bran*.
Visit all-bran.ca for more delicious recipe inspiration!
*© 2015, Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.