Bon Appétit, these crepes are packed full of sweet berries with a hint of orange and topped with a crunchy crumble.
- 3 eggs
- 300 ml or 1 1/4 cups 1% milk
- 5 ml or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.5 ml or 1/8 tsp salt
- 175 ml or 3/4 cup All-Bran Buds* cereal OR All-Bran Original* cereal
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup whole wheat or all purpose flour
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup melted butter, divided
- 750 ml or 3 cups mixed berries
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp orange juice
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup All-Bran Buds* cereal OR All-Bran Original* cereal
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup low fat lemon yogurt
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Makes about 750 ml (3 cups) of batter (Recipe_Ingredient_4466211)
1. Crepes: In a large bowl mix together eggs, milk and vanilla. Whisk in flour, cereal, sugar and 30 ml (2 tbsp) of the butter (crepe mixture should have a watery pancake batter-like consistency). Cover, refrigerate and let rest for at least one hour or up to one day. (This allows the gluten in the flour to relax and prevents the crepes from being “tough”)
2. In an 8-inch (20 cm) non-stick pan or crepe pan, use a pastry brush to apply 5 ml (1 tsp) of the melted butter. Pour 50 ml (¼ cup) of the batter to pan and lift and swirl pan to spread batter evenly. Cook crepe until golden brown on bottom, about 1 minute. Flip and cook 30 seconds more. Stack crepes between layers of wax paper and keep warm.
3. Filling: In bowl, combine berries, maple syrup and orange juice. Let sit for 15 minutes, or up to one day, stirring occasionally.
4. Topping: In a small bowl, mix together cereal, maple syrup, cinnamon and pecans.
5. Place crepes on a tray. Spoon 60 ml (¼ cup) of the filling in centre of each crepe, fold crepe over to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining crepes and divide over 4 plates. Spoon topping over crepes. Serve immediately with a dollop of lemon yogurt.
Variations: Substitute the berries with sliced bananas and chocolate hazelnut spread.
Yield: Makes 12 crepes
5 g Protein
30 g Carbohydrate
7 g Fat
5 g Dietary Fibre
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s<RegisteredTrademark/> products. Results with other products may vary.
How do you add nutrition to your muffins and smoothies? Or sneak more fibre into baked fish, stuffed chicken, fresh garden salads or even chili? The answer is right inside a box of All-Bran*.
Visit all-bran.ca for more delicious recipe inspiration!
*© 2015, Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.