Made with your favourite flavour of yogurt, these moist and chewy muffins are breakfast-table perfection.
- 1 1/2 cups or 375 ml All-Bran Original* cereal
- 3/4 cup or 175 ml vanilla or fruit-flavoured, stirred yogurt (2%)
- 1 medium orange, juice and grated rind
- 1 1/4 cups or 300 ml all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup or 75 ml granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp or 15 ml baking powder
- 1 tsp or 5 ml ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp or 3 ml baking soda
- 1/4 tsp or 1 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup or 50 ml canola oil
- 1 cup or 250 ml fresh or frozen (not thawed) blueberries
1. In medium bowl, combine cereal, yogurt, juice and rind. Let stand for 2 minutes or until cereal softens.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. Add eggs and oil to cereal mixture; beat well. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring only until just combined. Fold in blueberries. Portion batter evenly into 12 (2½”/6.5 cm) non-stick muffin pan cups, lightly coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
Tip: The amount of yogurt called for in this recipe equals the size of many individual (175 g) yogurt cups. With so many fruit-flavoured yogurts to choose from, you can give these muffins a different twist each time you bake them.
4 g Protein
27 g Carbohydrate
6 g Fat
4 g Dietary Fibre
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s® products. Results with other products may vary.
How do you add nutrition to your muffins and smoothies? Or sneak more fibre into baked fish, stuffed chicken, fresh garden salads or even chili? The answer is right inside a box of All-Bran*.
Visit all-bran.ca for more delicious recipe inspiration!
*© 2015, Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.