A little tart. A little sweet. And totally bursting with flavour. These muffins are a great way to welcome fall.
- 1 1/2 cups or 375 ml All-Bran Original* cereal
- 1 cup or 250 ml milk (1%)
- 1 cup or 250 ml all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup or 125 ml lightly packed brown sugar
- 4 tsp or 20 ml baking powder
- 1 tsp or 5 ml ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp or 2 ml each, ground nutmeg and salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup or 50 ml canola oil
- 3/4 cup or 175 ml chopped, frozen cranberries (do not thaw)
- 3/4 cup or 175 ml diced McIntosh apple (not peeled – 1/4″/6mm dice)
1. In medium bowl, combine cereal and milk. Let stand for 2 minutes or until cereal softens.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
3. Add eggs and oil to cereal mixture; beat well. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring only until just combined. Fold in cranberries and apple. Portion batter evenly into 12 (2½”/6.5 cm) non-stick muffin pan cups, lightly coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
Tip: We like the sweetness of McIntosh apples to balance the tanginess of the cranberries in these muffins. If you prefer a more tart combination, choose an apple variety such as Empire or Spy.
4 g Protein
26 g Carbohydrate
6 g Fat
4 g Dietary Fibre
12 g Sugar
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s® products. Results with other products may vary.
How do you add nutrition to your muffins and smoothies? Or sneak more fibre into baked fish, stuffed chicken, fresh garden salads or even chili? The answer is right inside a box of All-Bran*.
Visit all-bran.ca for more delicious recipe inspiration!
*© 2015, Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.