Who doesn’t need more greens in their life? This surprisingly sweet smoothie is a great way to add more to your day.
- 250 mL or 1 cup water
- 60 mL or ¼ cup All-Bran Buds* cereal
- 250 mL or 1 cup packed baby spinach or chopped spinach
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 small ripe banana, halved
- 60 mL or ¼ cup plain low-fat yogurt (unsweetened)
1. Place water and cereal in blender and let soak for 2 minutes. Add spinach, ice cubes, banana and yogurt to cereal mixture and blend on high until smooth.
Variation: For a coconut ginger smoothie, replace the water with an equal amount of coconut water and add 5 mL or 1 tsp grated fresh ginger.
TIP: To add a little sweetness to your smoothie, try replacing the water with orange juice or apple juice.
YIELD: 500 mL ou 2 cups
Per serving (1 cup) :
3 g Protein
26 g Carbohydrates
0,75 g Fat
7 g Fibre
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s® products. Results with other products may vary.
How do you add nutrition to your muffins and smoothies? Or sneak more fibre into baked fish, stuffed chicken, fresh garden salads or even chili? The answer is right inside a box of All-Bran*.
Visit all-bran.ca for more delicious recipe inspiration!
*© 2015, Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.