Give your rice a boost of flavour with curry powder and herbs that turn this side dish into a feature.
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup uncooked brown or white long grain rice
- 300 ml or 1 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 25 ml or 2 tbsp margarine or butter
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup shelled chopped pistachios
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp ground sage
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp pepper
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup water
- 250 ml or 1 cup All-Bran Original* cereal
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 60 ml or 1/4 chopped cilantro
1. Cook rice according to package directions, replacing with broth and omitting salt and butter or margarine.
2. In large skillet, melt butter or margarine. Stir in celery, mushrooms, water chestnuts and onion. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally, until celery is tender-crisp.
3. Add basil, curry powder, sage and pepper and stir for about 30 seconds. Stir in cooked rice and water; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in cereal, pomegranate seeds and cilantro. Serve immediately.
5 g Protein
21 g Carbohydrates
10 g Fat
8 g Fiber
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s® products. Results with other products may vary.
How do you add nutrition to your muffins and smoothies? Or sneak more fibre into baked fish, stuffed chicken, fresh garden salads or even chili? The answer is right inside a box of All-Bran*.
Visit all-bran.ca for more delicious recipe inspiration!
*© 2015, Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.