9 easy steps for staying on top of type 2 diabetes
- Check your blood glucose regularly and track your results.
- Keep your blood glucose, blood pressure and cholesterol within a healthy range.
- Take your medications as prescribed.
- Choose healthy foods – most of the time.
- If you have questions about your diabetes or its treatment, write them down and ask a member of your diabetes team on your next visit.
- Talk openly and honestly about your diabetes and let people know how to help you.
- Manage stress in the most positive way you can.
- Make physical activity part of your day.
- Keep yourself informed about diabetes. Research leads to new treatments and management guidelines.
You are worth it…it’s up to you!