A delicious take on eggplant parmesan. This dish is packed full of veggies and of course both parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- 1 eggplant (about 500 g/1 lb)
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup All-Bran Original* cereal
- 250 ml or 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp dried basil or 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh basil
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch pepper
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise. Place halves cut side down in shallow baking pan. Bake at 180°C (350°F) for about 15 minutes. Cool slightly. Scoop out pulp, leaving about 1cm (1/2-inch) shell. Place shells cut side up in baking pan.
2. In large bowl, coarsely chop pulp. Stir in cereal, mushrooms, green pepper, onion, Parmesan cheese, butter, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Spoon back into eggplant shells, pressing in firmly. Cover with foil; pierce in several places to allow steam to escape. Bake for about 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Remove foil, sprinkle tops with mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, for about 2 minutes more or until cheese melts. To serve, cut each half into 2 pieces.
Yield: 4 servings
6 g Protein
17 g Carbohydrate
9 g Fat
5 g Dietary Fibre
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s® products. Results with other products may vary.
How do you add nutrition to your muffins and smoothies? Or sneak more fibre into baked fish, stuffed chicken, fresh garden salads or even chili? The answer is right inside a box of All-Bran*.
Visit all-bran.ca for more delicious recipe inspiration!
*© 2015, Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.