This side-dish is so flavour-packed that no one would blame you for making it the main feature.
- 3 medium zucchini (about 20 cm/ 8″ long)
- 10 ml or 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 small chopped tomato
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup All-Bran Original* cereal
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup tomato sauce or any prepared tomato-based pasta sauce
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Crush All-Bran Original® cereal. Set aside.
2. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scoop out centre flesh of zucchini, roughly chop and set aside. Place hollowed out zucchini shells in the bottom of a lightly greased, shallow baking dish.
3. In medium skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add celery, green pepper, onions garlic, and reserved, chopped zucchini flesh. Saute for 4-5 minutes until softened. Remove from heat and stir in tomato, oregano, pepper, crushed All-Bran Original® cereal, bread crumbs and mozzarella.
4. Divide mixture evenly amongst hollowed out zucchini shells. Recipe can be made ahead to this point and refrigerated for up to 12 hours.
5. Spoon tomato sauce down the centre of each zucchini. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until zucchinis are tender, filling is hot and top is golden brown.
Yield: 6 servings, 1/2 zucchini per person
Per serving (1/2 zucchini):
6 g Protein
14 g Carbohydrate
4.5 g Fat
4 g Fibre
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s® products. Results with other products may vary.
How do you add nutrition to your muffins and smoothies? Or sneak more fibre into baked fish, stuffed chicken, fresh garden salads or even chili? The answer is right inside a box of All-Bran*.
Visit all-bran.ca for more delicious recipe inspiration!
*© 2015, Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.