Marinara, Sweet ‘n Sour, Swedish style! These tasty meatballs are perfect served any way you like.
- 175 mL or ¾ cup All-Bran Buds* cereal
- 15 mL or 1 tbsp 1% milk
- 500 g or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 125 mL or ½ cup cooked spinach, chopped
- 125 mL or ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 125 mL or ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 mL or 1 tsp each, salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 5 mL or 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 15 mL or 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. In a small bowl, stir cereal with milk and let soak for 5 minutes.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine cereal mixture, turkey, egg, spinach, onion, garlic, cheese, salt, pepper and thyme. Mix just until combined, avoid over mixing to ensure meatballs will not be tough.
4. Form mixture into 1 ½ inch balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush meatballs with oil and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Tip: Serve these meatballs on their own or in your favourite sauce.
Variation: For a turkey meatloaf, press mixture into a loaf pan and bake at 180°C (350°F) oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through. Slice to serve.
Yield: 4 servings (4 meatballs per serving)
38 g Protein
18 g Carbohydrate
11 g Fat
8 g Dietary Fibre
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s® products. Results with other products may vary.
How do you add nutrition to your muffins and smoothies? Or sneak more fibre into baked fish, stuffed chicken, fresh garden salads or even chili? The answer is right inside a box of All-Bran*.
Visit all-bran.ca for more delicious recipe inspiration!
*© 2015, Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.