Flavoured with horseradish and a little hot sauce, these burgers have a little zing.
- 500 g or 1 lb ground chicken (or turkey)
- 250 ml or 1 cup All-Bran Original* cereal
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup skim milk
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp horseradish
- 10 ml or 2 tsp prepared mustard
- 5 ml or 1 tsp Tobasco hot pepper sauce
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 3 whole wheat pita breads, halved
- garnishes: alfalfa sprouts, chopped tomato, bean sprouts, shredded lettuce, condiments, as desired
1. In large bowl combine ground chicken, cereal, milk, celery, onion, horseradish, mustard, hot pepper sauce and garlic salt. Stir well with a fork until thoroughly mixed. Shape into 6 round patties about 1.5 cm (5/8″) thick.
2. Grill patties until well done, either on greased barbecue grill for 11-15 minutes, turning once or on rack about 12.5 cm (5″) from preheated broiler for about 5 minutes per side. Serve in halved pita breads garnished as desired.
Whenever cooking with raw meats, ensure safe internal temperature is reached.
Yield: 6 servings
20 g Protein
25 g Carbohydrate
3.5 g Fat
6.2 g Dietary Fibre
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s® products. Results with other products may vary.
How do you add nutrition to your muffins and smoothies? Or sneak more fibre into baked fish, stuffed chicken, fresh garden salads or even chili? The answer is right inside a box of All-Bran*.
Visit all-bran.ca for more delicious recipe inspiration!
*© 2015, Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.